The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) issued Advisory Nos. 06-20 dated 28 May 2020 and 07-20 dated 29 May 2020 providing the guidelines for filing and issuance of Alien Employment Permit (AEP) and release of AEP cards during the state of public health emergency.
The following are the guidelines for filing and issuance of AEP, and release of AEP cards which shall be effective starting 15 June 2020:
COMPANY REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT
For verification and validation purposes, companies shall undergo registration process prior to filing its AEP application. Thus, a corporate account shall be created and a maximum of two (2) agent-representatives will be allowed to file applications on behalf of the company.
FILING/RENEWAL OF AEP APPLICATION
- ONLINE SCHEDULING AND SUBMISSION– The documentary requirements shall be submitted online via email to DOLE.
- EMPLOYER’S CONFIRMATION– The employer shall confirm through email, prior to the issuance of the AEP, the engagement of the foreign national when the application is filed.
- ORDER OF PAYMENT AND PROCESSING OF APPLICATION – Order of Payment with bar code shall be issued upon submission of complete documentary requirements, and payment of fees shall be through payment facility center. Once payment is made, the application shall be published and processed.
- RENEWAL APPLICATION EXTENSION– Renewal applications may be filed within forty-five (45) working days after the lifting of the community quarantine, without penalty.
RELEASE OF AEP CARDS FOR APPROVED APPLICATIONS
The AEP cards shall be immediately released through courier service, with the delivery charge shouldered by the applicant paid directly to the courier. The company/authorized representative shall do as follows
- SUBMISSION OF REQUEST– Clients must submit via e-mail a request.
- APPROVAL EMAIL– DOLE NCR shall send an email to the requesting client, copy furnished the courier service, indicating that the request has been approved.
- PAYMENT OF COURIER FEES– Requesting clients must then make payment of the applicable courier fees at authorized payment centers. The rates for the courier fees are as follows:
- DELIVERY OF AEP CARDS– The delivery of the AEP cards shall be expected within one (1) day to a maximum of three (3) working days after payment.
In case of misrouted shipments or failure to complete delivery attributable to the requesting client, the package will be tagged as Return to Sender and a Return to Shipper fee at the rate of 50% of the base rate shall be charged to the requesting client.
Further, pick-up arrangements of AEP cards will be implemented only on 22 June 2020 and shall be on a limited basis, in compliance with the physical distancing measures.
REQUEST FOR CANCELLATION OF AEPs
Requests for cancellation of AEP by reason of termination of employment, expiration of term of office, resignation or transfer of employment, or to apply for new AEP in case of lost or damaged card, may be sent online via email.
The AEP card subject for cancellation shall be sent to DOLE NCR, through courier, and shall be cancelled only upon receipt of the same.
The company/authorized representative shall ensure that only one application for every foreign national is filed. Double applications shall not be processed.
Applications with identical Tax Identification Numbers (TIN) with other foreign nationals shall not be accepted.
Any act/s of misrepresentation in the AEP applications shall be dealt with in accordance with the provisions of D.O. No. 186-17, specifically Sections 12 and 13 thereof.
by: Emem Flores