The Bureau of Immigration (BI) released the International Travel Guidelines as per IATF Resolution Nos. 99-A & 100 last 23 February 2021 which announced the need for travel pass of select Philippine visas, mostly those issued by visa issuing agencies other than the BI. A travel pass shall be one of the requirements upon the foreign national’s departure from the Philippines effective 1 March 2021.

Examples of visas required to obtain travel pass are the following:

  1. 47a2 visas issued by the DOJ/PEZA/BOI
  2. SRRV issued by the Philippine Retirement Authority
  3. Special visas issued by economic zones:
    • Authority of Freeport Area of Bataan (AFAB)
    • Aurora Pacific Economic Zone and Freeport (APECO)
    • Cagayan Economic Zone Authority (CEZA)
    • Clark Development Corporation (CDC)
    • Subic Bay Metropolitan Authority (SBMA)

Said visa-issuing entities are expected to release their own guidelines on securing travel pass from their respective agencies. All travel pass shall be good for single use and shall be valid for thirty (30) days from its issuance.

Foreign nationals with valid Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC) are exempted from the travel pass requirement since they are leaving the Philippines for good.

For holders of visas issued by the BI, they are required to present a valid Re-entry Permit (RP, for Immigrant visa holders) or Special Return Certificate (SRC, for Non-Immigrant visa holders) upon arrival. For those with ACR I-Cards, the card serves as the RP or SRC of the holder upon payment of appropriate fees at the Philippine airport upon their departure. They are to save the receipt as proof of payment for RP and SRC as this would be required upon re-entry.


Bureau of Immigration Advisory, 19 Feb 2021: “Revised Guidelines As Per IATF-MEID Resolution Nos. 99-A and 100”

Bureau of Immigration Press Release, 18 Oct 2013: “Aliens Told: Always Have Your ACR I-Card”