The Bureau of Immigration (BI) released an Advisory dated Aug 19, 2020 announcing the lifting the previous suspension on transactions upon shifting of NCR and other regions back to General Community Quarantine (GCQ).
Moreover, the BI directs all transacting clients to observe the following:
- Confirmed online appointment schedule with “appointment code” is required. No appointment code, no service;
- Clients are only allowed to enter the BI premises on the specific schedule as stated on their appointment;
- All clients must present any government issued or valid ID along with the appointment code upon entry;
- Wearing of face mask and social distancing is mandatory. Wearing of face shield is highly encouraged.
Fines and penalties for the following may be waived provided that they are filed in BI offices within NCR, Bulacan, Cavite, Laguna, and Rizal:
- Visas which expired during the duration of the MECQ;
- Extension was applied from August 19, 2020 to September 19, 2020.